Reading this verse with new eyes tonight:
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:26, 27 NIV)
1. The Father sends the Holy Spirit.
2. It is through the Holy Spirit that we glean applicable wisdom from the Word.
3. We don’t have worry about remembering EVERYTHING, because the Holy Spirit will remind us when we need it most.
4. So do not fret, but instead be at peace knowing the Holy Spirit has “GOT THIS.”
5. It is Jesus’ peace, not a worldly peace, He is giving us. It lasts as long as we’re willing to receive it, and it is not based on things or circumstances.
6. He does not give His peace to us as the world gives: based on what we’ve done, how hard we’ve worked, what we have, our salary, our degree, our relational status, our family background, our economic history. He gives freely out of His love for us.
7. So don’t allow your heart to be troubled; and do not fear anything… He freely gives us all we need to overcome… He has overcome for us; we are more than conquerors (Romans 8:37)!
A few things I’ve been learning in this current season:
1. How to see people the way God sees them
2. How to love the way God loves
3. Because He is a loving God, He is a GIVING God.
Lord, bless us with the resources to be able to give freely the way you give – out of love for your people. Let no need go unfilled. See your church act as your hands and feet as you designed it to. We are willing. Thank you for giving to us so freely without requiring anything from us in return. Thank you that you love everyone regardless of their past mistakes, and you still give freely. Let those who see us see You and Your love.