For details on how I make my own grocery list each week, click here.
1. Keep a list on or near the fridge. Add to it throughout the week when you run out of something, or when you’re nearly out of something.
2. Check the grocery ad for your preferred store for current sales. Let the sales choose your proteins and veggies, and build meals around those.
3. Write out your working Meal Plan for the week.
4. Cross-check your needed items and sale items with coupons. Use this site, your grocer’s website, and any catalina coupons you may have received at the register.
5. Be sure you aren’t missing any items or ingredients in the following categories:
* Dinner meals
* Easy Snacks
* Special occasion
6. Finalize list by writing in coupons and prices. Add items for a preliminary total for your trip.
7. Gather, cut, and clip necessary coupons. Don’t forget your list and coupons when you head out the door!